Well, it would turn out that thrones aren’t just for royalty; as a drummer, the throne is what you sit on to conquer the hearts of listeners but more importantly, to comfortably play your set! We’ve compiled a list of the best drum thrones whether you have a bad back or are just looking for a comfortable drum throne.
If you’re interested in learning more about drum sets, check out our guide:
Drum Kit 101: All You Need To Know When Buying A Drum Set
Sure, you can splurge on great drum sticks and drum heads, but how comfortable you are while drumming can impact your performance for better or for worse!
You’ll need to sit on something that’s good for your back and also comfortable enough to sustain and support long periods of sitting and playing, which is important to consider if you practice long hours or perform long shows frequently.
Additionally, your drum throne and how you sit on it also impacts your footwork. Long story short, get a good drum throne!
To help you pick out a good throne, here’s a roundup of our 5 best drum thrones. Don’t just invest in something cheap to save money and then regret it; instead, take a look at the thrones on our list for better options!
Best Drum Thrones Chosen by Real Drummers
Drum Workshop, Inc. CP5100 5000 Series Throne
It wouldn’t be an exaggeration to say that Drum Workshop, Inc. is the reigning monarch of the drum kingdom; these guys are an almost one-stop need for all things drum-related!
Their 5000 series throne are prime examples of the quality and care that goes into each Drum Workshop product; these mid-priced thrones are a great option for the comfort and ease of playing they bring to the table.
The DWCP5100 is a standard-height throne equipped with a range of features that make drumming a supremely comfortable experience, including swivel height adjustment and a double-braced base, among others.
Bid adieu to an aching bottom thanks to your current way-past-expiry-date throne and invest instead in this throne that gives you a bang for the buck like no other.
- Solid ear-casting for reliability
- Durable vinyl-covered seat top that’s 13 inches
- Full-sized 1.18-inch double-braced base
- Dual foam set seat of 3-inch thickness
- Oversized locking nut
- Tripod base
- Weight: 8.81 pounds
- Dimensions: 23 x 20 x 7 inches
- Model: DWCP5100
- Color: Black
- Slightly smaller 13" Seat top
- Heavy duty construction
- Sturdy tripod base
Donner Drum Throne Upgraded
With “upgraded” in its title, you know that this Donner Drum Throne is a new and improved version designed to give you the ultimate comfort and stability so that you only concentrate on playing the drums and not an aching back or numb backside!
The throne comes with a range of impressive features that enhance the comfort and convenience it brings to you. This includes the ability to shrink the shelf by adjusting the bottom knob for better portability, a 360-degree rotating seat and high-density sponge seat.
Additionally, it’s pretty sturdy and durable, with the ability to support up to 250 pounds of weight!
- PVC leather and high-density sponge seat to support heavy weights and prevent deformation
- Adjustable height, thanks to a 4-position bolt lock at the bottom
- No-skid three-legged stool; equipped with rubber non-skid sleeves
- 11.4-inch diameter on top seat
- Triangularly designed aluminum alloy bracket for stability
- Can be used with a variety of different instruments and not just drums
- After-sales guarantee
- Weight: 6.43 pounds
- Dimensions: 13.7 x 12.99 x 6.69 inches
- Model: –
- Color: Black
- High-density sponges-High-density sponges prevent your drum stool from deforming after prolonged...
- Adjustable- You can adjust the height by adjusting the 4 position bolt lock or the knob at the...
- Non-skid design - this three-legged stool has three rubber non-skid sleeves to prevent the Donner...
Pacific Drums and Percussion PDDTC00 Concept Throne
Practical and ergonomic, this drum throne is all kinds of comfortable and highly affordable! A part of Pacific Drums and Percussion’s pro-level Concept series, this throne comes with adjustable seat height, threaded posts and a comfortable seat.
Above all, though, it comes with excellent quality and durability – you wouldn’t expect anything less from a subsidiary of Drum Workshop! And, you get quality worth thousands at mere hundreds!
PDP has made the quality of Drum Workshop available at extremely affordable prices to working drummers; you get boutique-inspired drumming equipment at half the price – no catches!
Similarly, the PDDTC00 is re-imagined and designed particularly for the working drummer, to get the best of comfort and durability without breaking the bank.
- Adjustable seat height (22-28 inches), making it great for all sizes of drummers!
- 14-inch contoured seat with a threaded post
- Active, thick, oversized mesh seat top for maximum comfort
- Double-braced legs with non-slip rubber feet
- 1-inch base with threaded post spindle adjustment
- Round seat
- Weight: 3.99 pounds
- Dimensions: 17.99 x 15.98 x 15.98 inches
- Model: PDDTC00
- Color: Black
- Tour-Grade Concept Series
- Thick, oversized, contoured Active Mesh Top is 14" in diameter
- Sturdy double-braced legs with large non-slip rubber feet
MAPEX Double Brace Round Top Drum Throne
This MAPEX drum throne comes packed with a ton of features, generally found in professional-level thrones, all ensuring the comfort and durability that a drummer expects!
The drum throne comes with a wide tripod base for stability and security; additionally, this base is double-braced.
The throne also has a steel spindle that allows for height adjustment, making it a great option for all drummers regardless of their height. This spindle serves the dual function of also making the seat secure to sit on.
Additionally, the throne is extremely affordable, making it a great option for those who are just starting out on their drumming journey or are dabbling in the art form. All in all, a no-frills, ergonomically-designed seat that efficiently does what it’s designed for!
- 12 x 25 inches cushioned seat
- Soft-yet-durable vinyl-covered seat
- 5-position bolt lock allowing height adjustment between 17.3 and 22 inches
- Quad legs are double-braced
- Weight: 3.99 pounds
- Dimensions: 20 x 12 x 12 inches
- Model: T270A
- Color: Chrome
- 12" Wide x 2. 5" Thick Round Cushioned Seat
- Soft but Durable Vinyl Covering
- 5 Position Bolt Lock Height Adjustment with 17. 3" to 22" Height Range
Ahead Spinal G Drum Throne – Best for Bad Backs
If backache is your most common complaint while drumming, this seat is for you! The Ahead Spinal G Drum Throne is designed specifically to do away with the bad back so that you can focus on becoming the next Buddy Rich or Ringo Starr!
The Ahead Spinal Drum Throne is an ergokinetic seat and features a thick cushion with memory foam, as well as a split seat for comfortable seating. It’s also spring-balanced for better suspension and comfort.
Additionally, it’s height-adjustable, with a heavy-duty tripod base and a sturdy connector plate. What makes this throne extremely appealing, though, is its uniqueness and the innovation in its design!
The open space in the middle negates any pressure on your tailbone, a leading cause of back pain, whereas the support cushion for each glute offers individual support for both halves of your body.
While this drum throne may be on the slightly more expensive side, it’s definitely worth the investment, with features like these!
- Memory foam cushions and split seat
- Double-locking threaded height adjustment
- Seat connector plate
- Tripod base
- Velour seat top
- Weight: 19.9 pounds
- Dimensions: 20.5 x 19.44 x 8.26 inches
- Model: SPGBL
- Color: Black
- All Ahead Thrones also come with a heavy-duty, tripod base that includes a double-locking, threaded...
The Takeaway on The Best Drum Thrones and Seats
Whether you’re a professional drummer or just a beginner, the need for a comfortable drum throne is universal! Not only does it allow better footwork but it also lets you play long hours without sacrificing your back and bottom for it!
If you’ve been looking for a drum throne to replace your old worn-out one or are buying your first drum throne, our list should have you covered. Try these thrones for a comfortable, hassle-free drumming experience!